Lead City University is a private university licensed by the Federal Goverment of Nigeria in 2005. LCU is one of the fastest growing private universities in Nigeria. Increasing student population has necessitated the need for additional staff in the follwing areas:
CV is to align with the university's approved format. (Download format here)
ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF VICE-CHANCELLOR
(Nigerian or Expatriate)
The position of the Vice-Chancellor of the University will become vacant in August 2017. In keeping with the Lead City University Law of 2003 (Miscellaneous and General Provisions) No. 23 (3) the Governing Council wishes to initiate the process of filling the vacancy. Interested candidates are required to note the following information about the University.
Currently in its twelveth (12th) academic session, Lead City University, Ibadan (LCU) is a private University approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria. It has graduated nine (9) sets of students and has achieved full Accreditation of the NUC in its core courses.
The University caters for both the young adolescents and the adult working class. It indeed, recognizes the need to accommodate the time constraints of individuals and therefore provides flexibility by allowing for a choice between part-time and full –time study schemes. Programmes are offered by specialized faculties, comprising leading academics, practitioners and experts. To ensure that the university remains at the forefront of the latest developments in the field of information technology and applied sciences, medical sciences, social sciences and entrepreneurship, education and law, appropriate practical and relevant programmes are continually developed and delivered in a stimulating and vibrant learning environment where thoughts, concepts are exchanged and vigorously debated. Moreover, our students have optimal access to data, information and knowledge through state-of-the-art computer facilities, internet linkage, audiovisual aids, and student-friendly course materials. This is further enhanced by what has been described as our congenial study facilities and amiable staff.
The Vice – Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University and Chairman of Senate and Member of Council. He shall exercise general supervision over the University and shall have general responsibility to the Governing Council for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the University. It shall be the duty of the Vice-Chancellor to see that the provisions of the Law and Statute, Ordinances and Regulations of the University are observed.
The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor must have a good University education up to a Ph.D. degree and also be a proven successful manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished academic of the rank of a Professor who can provide academic and administrative leadership for the University and must have been an academic in a University for at least fifteen years;
- Be a scholar who is firmly-rooted in the finest academic tradition;
- Have a clear vision for the development and growth of the Unviesrity.
- Be able to command the respect of national and international academic communities through his/her track record;
- Possess the ability to sustain harmony in the University Community and between the University and the host community;
- Have initiative for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the University even under financial and other challenging constraints;
- Have good grasp of information and communication technology skills and appreciates its significance in the contemporary knowledge industry;
- Be able to attract research grants and complementary funds from local and international agencies, and further uplift the academic status of the University.
- Be able to relate efficiently with Government, Non-governmental Organizations, the alumni, and foster linkages with institutions within and outside Nigeria;
- Be a person of probity and integrity; Role model; very firm and fair minded disciplinarian for all staff and students.
- Be someone who appreciates, respects and promotes merit without fear or favour even while under pressure; and
- Enjoy certified sound physical and mental health.
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five years (5) only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment. The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in Nigerian Federal Universities, with appropriate additional conditions, as may be determined from time to time by the Governing Council.
Method of application
- Candidate’s application and Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated should be submitted in 20 copies. plus statement of the candidate’s plan for the actualization of the University’s vision and mission.
(Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidates in a properly sealed envelope marked Post of Vice-Chancellor: Referee’s Report at the top left hand corner of the envelope).
- (i) all applications are to be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council
Lead City University
Express Way, Toll Gate Area,
P. O. Box 30678
(ii) The sealed envelope containing the applications are to be marked Post of Vice-Chancellor at the top left hand corner and forward to reach the Registrar within four (4) weeks of this advertisement.
Dr. (Mrs) Oyebola Ayeni
Registrar & Secretary to Council