The Department has turned out several hundreds of graduates who are now occupying positions of repute in both the public and private sectors of the economy. Quite an appreciable number of our students have completed Masters Degree programmes in reputable universities in the country, while some have won scholarship awards and fellowships from esteemed institutions across the globe. Education in Lead City University equips the graduates with knowledge, functional aptitudes and entrepreneurial skills to be self-reliant and even provide employment for other citizens of the country. In organizations where our graduates are employed, they stand out and are known to be assets to the organizations.
The program of Business Administration has been in existence since the establishment of the University. It was initially run as a unit under the Department of Management and Accounting, but it is now a separate Department on its own, housing a number of worthwhile programmes which include: Business Administration, Marketing, Office and Information Management, Entrepreneurship as well as Industrial Relations and Personnel Management. The Business Administration Department is fully accredited by National University Commission (NUC).
Courses offered in the Department of Business Administration are:
- B.Sc. Business Administration with specializations in:
- Business Administration
- Office and Information Management
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
Career Options include:
- Business Administration: Business Administrator, Business Economist, Entrepreneur/Intrapreneur, Manager, Business Consultancy, Academics
- Marketing: Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, Marketing Research Manager, Academics
- Office and Information Management: Administrative Officer/Manager, Office Manager, Personal Assistants/Secretary, Faculty Officer/Program Manager, Assistant/Senior Assistant/Principle Registrar, Information Officer, Information and Communication Officer, Academics/Researcher, Academics
- Entrepreneurship: Business Managers/Entrepreneurs, Consultancy, Managers of Organizations, Government Business Researchers, Academics
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management: Human Resources Manager, Industrial Relations Expert/Unionist, Training and Development Consultancy, Head Hunting Agency, Human Resources Management Consultancy, Academics
Prof. Erwat is a graduate from University of Ibadan, Nigeria with a Ph.D. in 2004 and Masters in 1997 in Educational Management, specializing in Management Information System and Human Resources Management respectively. She obtained her first degree in 1973 from Plymouth State College of the University of New Hampshire, U.S.A., where she studied Business Education (Comprehensive) and graduated with Second Class Upper (Honours). Prof. Erwat has had a career in academics teaching/lecturing right after graduation with the first degree. She has had over 20 years experience working in tertiary institutions as a lecturer.
She joined Lead City Univerisity in 2005 where she now is a Professor and Head of Department, a position she has held before from October 2010 to October 2011. Prof. Erwat has over 40 publications in reputable journals (both local and international) and chapter contributions to books. She is a member of Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM), Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) and Fellow Global Education Network (FGEN)
Prof. Erwat’s research interests are Information Management, Information Communication Technology, Human Resources Management, and Issues in Higher Education Research. Prof. Erwat is a dedicated lecturer who has supervised and mentored several students in their research work both in undergraduate and post graduate levels.
Prof. Erwat is happily married with children and grandchildren.
S/N Names Designation Qualification 1. Prof. ONABAJO, Felix A. Professor B. A., M. Ed., Ph. D. (Ibadan) 2. Prof. ERWAT, E. A. Professor B. Sc. (Plymouth), M. Ed. Ph. D. (Ibadan), 3. Dr. (Mrs.) FAMILONI, Olajumoke Senior Lecturer B.Sc.(Lagos), ACIS, MPA(Memphis, USA), Ph.D. (Phoenix, USA) 4. Dr. ADEIGBE Kayode Lecturer 1 B.A(Ife)., M.Sc.(Ibadan), Ph.D (Ago-Iwoye) 5. Dr. BALOGUN, Lasisi Lecturer I B.Sc., MBA(USA), Ph.D. 6. Mrs. AWOBENU, Lydia A. Lecturer II RSA, Advance Diploma, MBA (Ado-Ekiti) 7. Mrs. Tolulope ADENEKAN Lecturer II B. Sc. , M.Sc.(Lead City), MNIM, mips 8. Mrs. AKINBO, Tina M. Lecturer II B.Sc. (Owerri), M.Sc.(Ago-Iwoye) 9. Mrs. IREWOLE, Oluwasefunmi Graduate Assistant B.Sc. (Lead City) 10. Miss. OLABODE, Kofoworola Graduate Assistant B.Sc. (Lead City)